Monday, January 3

Hilary Swank loves sales and bargains

Hillary SwankShe went from a trailer park to a double Oscar winning actress but Hillary Swank says that her impoverished childhood has helped her appreciate the wealth she has and she still loves a good bargain. The actress says that she does not spend money without thinking and loves to buy things for her family. "My background is not something I forget. It helps me to not take what I have for granted. It’s an incredible feeling to know that I can actually buy that pair of shoes, and I appreciate a sale as much as the next person. I think about how I’m spending my money, and I like to spend on my family," said the 36-year-old actress. Her working class roots have also helped her empathise with the characters she’s portrayed, women who have to struggle to overcome prejudice and discrimination, whether because of their sex or their blue-collar backgrounds.

The actress who won Oscars for her work in ‘Boys Don’t Cry’ and ‘Million Dollar Baby’, says that her role as a working-class mother Betty Anne Waters in her latest film ‘Conviction’, is close to her heart.

"Growing up in a lower-income family, you don’t have the resources to make ends meet and you have to find creative ways to get by. That infuses your character with a lot of drive and determination and yes, I share that with Betty Anne. She was easily judged as a kind of castoff, and that’s part of her story that I can relate to," said Swank.

0 comments:

Blog Archive