Monday, January 24

Christina Hendricks stores £533,000 bracelet in her cleavage

Christina Hendricks‘Mad Men’ star Christina Hendricks panicked at the Golden Globes after she dropped a 533,000-pound diamond bracelet- on loan to her from makers Chopard for the event. The 24-carat diamond piece of jewellery somehow slipped from her wrist at the start of the glittering Hollywood awards ceremony. The actress rushed from her table and, crouching as low as her figure-hugging red gown would allow, began frantically searching on the red carpet she had sashayed down barely a minute earlier for the bracelet. “It was one of the most heart-pounding, panic-filled moments of my life. I was asking ushers, officials, even press photographers if they had seen it or could help me look,” said Christina.

After a few moments “that felt like minutes,” an event worker found the bracelet. “I almost wept with relief,” Hendricks added. Her troubles didn’t end there. Taking her place once more in the auditorium Christina found she could no longer fasten the bracelet. So she tried stuffing it down her cleavage but her dress was just too tight for it. “It would have looked like a ghastly lump if a TV camera had panned to me,” the actress said.

And as she attempted to leave the auditorium to give her publicist the piece, two security guards stopped her. “I begged and pleaded with them. My face was as red as my dress and I was in a state of utter desperation, I could feel my heart pounding and I could see my publicist standing on the other side of the door,” she said.

Her anxiety melted the guards’ hearts, and the exit was opened just wide enough for Hendricks to hand the item to her aide. “It’s a good job that it was only the bracelet,” she sighed in relief after the awards.

0 comments:

Blog Archive