Monday, January 31

Kate Hudson impressed by Matt Bellamy

Kate HudsonKate Hudson has been busy brushing up her speaking skills ever since she started dating British rocker Matt Bellamy. The ‘Bride Wars’ star, who is pregnant with Bellamy’s baby, insisted that he is the first Englishman she has gone on a date with. The 31-year-old actress is quickly learning that there are many differences between British men and their American counterparts, including their polite use of language, after Bellamy wowed her with his impeccable grammar. "I never thought I would notice the difference but there’s a lot of difference! It’s just a different type of way. He’s very polite and kind and so sweet. He’s lovely!," said Hudson.

"I do notice that I do get corrected sometimes. I say ‘can’ - you know, ‘Can I have a...’ and with Matthew, it’s ‘Could I have? Would it be possible if I could, ma’am?’ I’ve been corrected, yeah!

"And then the word ‘like’. I have a girlfriend who lives here in the UK, she likes to mimic me all the time, ‘Like, like’. ‘I say guys, and she always thinks that’s weird: ‘Why do Americans say guys all the time?’," she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive