Thursday, April 12

Taapsee Pannu Prefers To Enact As The Directors Want


Taapsee Pannu has teamed up with directors from diverse schools of filmmaking like David Dhawan ('Chashme Baddoor', 'Judwaa 2') Neeraj Pandey ('Baby') and Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury ('Pink'). Her upcoming releases include Anubhav Sinha’s film with a patriotic fervor, ‘Mulq’ and Anurag Kashyap’s romantic drama, ‘Manmarziyaan’.

Clearly, the actress believes in striking a balance between films that belong to the commercial space, narratives that have her as the protagonist and content-driven films which have also been making a mark at the box office.

When asked how she prepares before embarking on films of varied genres and directors and she reveals, “When I work with directors as diverse as David Dhawan, Shoojit Sircar, Neeraj Pandey and Anurag Kashyap, I have to unlearn everything and become a newcomer all over again.

"The formulas on each of their sets are different. I fail to deliver if I come to the set knowing what I am going to do. I am like clay and I look to the director to tell me how he wants me to enact a scene. Since we spend close to two months on a film’s set, it’s important to have a good rapport with your director."

0 comments:

Blog Archive