Monday, March 28

Padmini Kolhapure to play Asha Bhonsle’s daughter

Padmini KolhapureBollywood actress Padmini Kolhapure feels she has a role of a lifetime in debutant director Mahesh Kadiyal’s film ‘Maaee’, in which she plays singing diva Asha Bhosle’s daughter. Said Padmini: "When the director came to me with this offer I had this strange feeling that it would be Ashaji who plays my mother. My hunch was proven right when the director told me Ashaji had been signed to play the mother." Padmini is especially happy since she is very close to the Mangeshkar family. "I grew up in front of Lataji and Ashaji. I used to sing as a child, though now I’ve lost practice. So, to be facing the camera with Ashaji is a dream-come-true," the 45-year-old actress said. "When we met up about ‘Maaee’, Ashaji teased me: ‘You’ve to give me tips on acting for this film.’ I turned around and told Ashaji: ‘Fine I’ll give you tips in acting, if you teach me how to sing’," Padmini said. Padmini is getting ready for what she calls the role of a lifetime. "There aren’t too many such opportunities for actresses these days. And definitely not too many opportunities for anyone to play Ashaji’s daughter. She is a great mother in real life and has tremendous nurturing qualities," the actress said. "So I don’t think playing a mother would be difficult for her," she said. Padmini has also completed her first Malayalam film, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s "Hamlet", set in Kerala. "These are not conventional roles. I guess this is a good time to be an actress of a certain age in Hindi cinema," she quipped.

0 comments:

Blog Archive