Wednesday, March 2

Nida Mahmood designing for TV show

Nida MahmoodShe is young and innovative and after showing her designs on the ramp, Nida Mahmood has moved to the small screen and has styled the wardrobe for the lead character of an upcoming fictional soap. Though the young designer is tight-lipped about the details, she does reveal the clothes will be very ‘Nida Mahmood’ type - young and quirky and the project was all the more exciting for her as she was styling for a male wardrobe after a gap. "I started my fashion journey by making men’s wear, but for the past two years I have been showcasing women’s line on the ramp. I was given the option of designing for the lead female character as well, but I opted for lead male character," said Mahmood.

"For the past two years, I wanted to launch my men’s wear line, but I was caught up in so many things. Finally, when I got this opportunity, I just thought, this is the right time," added the young designer who is quite fond of Bollywood’s retro era which is often seen in her collections.

The channel is known for youth–centric reality shows like ‘Emotional Atyachar’, but Mahmood reveals this project is going to be a fictional soap and the channel’s biggest production ever.

Mahmood has been working on this project for the past two months.

0 comments:

Blog Archive