Wednesday, March 30

Freida Pinto defends her GQ photo shoot

Freida Pinto‘Slumdog Millionaire’ star Freida Pinto, who raised eyebrows last year (2010) with a series of hot shots for the US version of GQ, is now defending the photoshoot. Rumours suggested that the photoshoot for the men’s magazine was a deliberate attempt to shake off her ‘nice-girl’ image, but Pinto has now spoken out to stress that she was not manipulated into taking part and it was entirely her decision to pose for the pictures. "The decision to do those pictures was mine. I definitely knew how I wanted to look. A stylist may have chosen the clothes but the decision to wear them was mine. I would hate to feel that I was being objectified,” said Pinto. "I have always said that a woman’s feminity should not be used in a way that is demeaning to her. But, you know, I don’t think this is a sexist issue any more because actors are strutting their stuff in photoshoots just as much as actresses now," she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive