Friday, February 4

No marriage without intimacy, says Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka ChopraBollywood diva Priyanka Chopra is one such actor, who can carry off any role with great panache. In Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Saat Khoon Maaf’, she essays the role of a lady who has seven husbands. What’s even more interesting is that Priyanka manages to do intimate scenes with numerous men in the film. About love, marriage and intimacy in ‘Saat Khoon Maaf’, Priyanka said, “First of all you are talking about marriages and I don’t know any marriage without intimacy. Above that if you’re going to show love and pain it comes along with lot of other emotions. It’s never an isolated emotion with only hatred or love or anger or intimacy being there. So when it comes to enacting any scene, I am an actor and I am doing my job. I am playing the character to as much of my comfort as I could. I made myself comfortable with everybody.” Priyanka believes that she shares great chemistry with John Abraham, who plays her second husband in ‘Saat Khoon Maaf’.

“I was most compatible with John as I have done three films with him now. I knew him well so there was no question of getting to know each other,” she said.

When enquired about her on-screen chemistry with other co-stars, Priyanka said, “With Neil and Vivaan I got along really well because we were on board right from the beginning. Alex was in fact really fun on the sets. When he came down from Russia he was really friendly and he used to be very fun loving. Irrfan was one actor from whom I got to learn a lot. I tremendously respect him as an actor. Annu Sir, I always knew as he is my dad’s good friend.”

Apparently, Priyanka is delighted to have worked with Naseeruddin Shah as she quipped, “It was very nerve-racking initially because I have never worked with him. But as I did a workshop with Naseer sir right before the film began, it really helped me. Naseer sir is truly an institution of cinema in himself.”

0 comments:

Blog Archive