Friday, October 9

Shakira was overweight as a teenager

ShakiraColombian pop star Shakira has revealed she was overweight as a teenager but was too focused on becoming a successful singer to care about her looks.

"As a teenager I was plump but my appearance wasn’t so important at that time. I focused much more on my music and song writing. I know that image in this profession is a matter of opinion. I think the external appearance in show business is important and over the years I’ve discovered my assets. Honestly, I’ve never seen myself as a goddess or sex symbol," she said.

The 32 year old star now is happy to show off her toned figure in skimpy outfits.

"We all have our insecurities but I used to have more of those days in my twenties. I found nothing satisfied me and I just wanted to hide from the world. You should always make the most of what you’ve got and I think I’ve tried my entire life to figure it out. I wouldn’t have made a video like ‘She Wolf’ when I was younger, that’s for sure. Now you never know what could happen with them," she said.

The singer is happy to bare her flesh professionally but she admits she prefers to cover up when she is out of the spotlight.

0 comments:

Blog Archive