Sunday, October 4

Bar Refaeli criticised by fellow model Esti Ginzburg

Bar RefaeliBar Refaeli has been slammed by fellow Israeli supermodel Esti Ginzburg over her decision to dodge compulsory national service.

The 24-year-old was previously criticised by a retired general for her reluctance to serve and be drafted into the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).

And now, the former girlfriend of Leonardo DiCaprio has evoked fury from 19-year-old Ginzburg who believes the conscription was her duty.

"In order to contribute and help, in order to be part of the state, enlisting is a duty, not a choice,” said Ginzburg.

“There are a million things I don’t feel like doing, but I do them because I have to. Military service is part of the things I believe in, the values I was raised on," she added.

Last year Refaeli had told a US magazine: "I really wanted to serve in the IDF, but I don’t regret not enlisting, because it paid off big time. That’s just the way it is; celebrities have other needs."

0 comments:

Blog Archive