Thursday, October 1

Vidya Balan experiments with her looks

Vidya BalanAfter wearing typical Indian ensembles in most of her flicks, Vidya Balan has finally decided to shed her girl-next-door image and go for a chic trendy look in Paa. Often facing flak for her choice of clothes both on-screen and off-screen, Vidya is touted to have gone for a complete makeover and is bound to please our eyes.

With her role evolving through several phases of life from a collage girl, wife to a mother, the lady will be seen experimenting with her looks in the film.

"I wanted to work with designer Sabyasachi Chakraborty as I felt he would grasp the character`s sensibilities and reflect that in the way she dresses”, confirms Vidya.

Talking about Vidya’s look in the film a source said, "The first look as a student studying abroad, is very boho-chic-dresses made from Indian fabrics made in western style - long jackets, gowns and skirts".

For her second role of a wife and a mother, the actress will be seen wearing more traditional attires. "Sabya has given me plain cotton sarees from various regions of India with simple stark borders and nice interesting blouses. It’s a serious and sober look. I love wearing organic stuff and that’s why I love cotton and coarse materials as fabrics", said the actress.

As for her original style the lass stated that she is more comfortable with European style outfits, which are feminine and sensual.

"I don’t like Indian asexual clothing. I love outfits that look feminine and that’s why I love the Anarkali style churidar-kurtas. My western look in ‘Paa’ is fun and casually thrown together stuff - somewhat like I am in real life. I am not the kind of person who plans my wardrobe. I pick up things I like wearing and wear them according to my comfort", she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive