Thursday, April 7

Katy Perry proud of her meaningful work

Katy PerryKaty Perry feels proud to have penned meaningful and substantial lyrics in her career, such as ‘Firework’ and ‘Teenage Dream’. "I feel really happy I took that time to not write about DJs and fame, the materialistic world, which is great because I love those glitz-and-glamour bells and whistles, but I know people connect to more substantial lyrics," said Perry. "I started writing songs like ‘Firework’ and ‘Teenage Dream’ and songs that I think now are anthems for people." "When I’m playing ‘Firework’, the whole arena literally moves up and down. It’s the song that people are holding onto and inspired by. I always want to be completely honest and, for this record in particular, I knew from the outside world, a lot had changed," she said.

0 comments:

Blog Archive