Monday, November 3

Meghna Mathur saves Priyanka Chopra

After facing a number of critics for the series disasters- Love Story 2050 , Chamku, God Tussi Great Ho and Drona , Priyanka Chopra has come up with an answer in the form of Fashion. The film is running to packed houses and many have hailed it as Priyanka’s best performance till date. She plays the character of Meghna Mathur in Fashion. In Fashion, Priyanka Chopra goes through five subtle but distinct phases, tracing her journey from Chandigarh to a top model in Mumbai.

Said a thrilled Priyanka, “My film Fashion has released and I am very excited about it. People have responded to it very well. I am overwhelmed with the reactions from Fashion . More shows are being added and it is running full house. I could not have asked for more.”

Priyanka has shown an array of emotions in Fashion through different scenes. So which was Priyanka’s favourite scene in the film? “It is a very difficult pick. There were many favourite scenes. One of the most difficult scenes for me was the first time Meghna Mathur (Priyanka’s character in Fashion) takes drugs at the night club and whatever happens thereafter. Honestly, I have had a huge stand against drugs. I always say no to drugs. I don’t know people who take drugs also. So I did not know what happens when one takes drugs and how one behaves after taking it. I had to go just by hearsay. Madhur informed me about the reactions of taking drugs and made me speak to a couple of people he knows. That entire sequence was very difficult for me.”

With such an astonishing performance, compliments are naturally pouring in for Priyanka. So which is the best compliment that Priyanka has received till now? “I am very grateful that people have liked the film and my performance. The best compliment that I got was through an SMS which said, ‘In this decade after Rani Mukherjee in Black , your’s was the best performance.’ I thought that was a bit exaggerated but I took it as a compliment.”

Dostana is her next big release coming soon. Abhishek Bachchan an John Abraham being her co-stars.

0 comments:

Blog Archive