Monday, September 14

Lily Allen all set to make stage debut

Lily AllenBritish pop star Lily Allen has decided to take a break from her singing career and make her stage debut in a new West End play.

The 24-year-old confessed she has had enough of music for the time being as she recently wrapped up the festival season at Bestival.

"I’m not going to record and tour again for quite a while. I finish up my gig dates in March and I’ll be ready to do something else,” said the singer.

"I’ve been on the road for four years and I’ve given my voice a real run for its money. I’m struggling, so I’m going to try something new," she added.

The ‘Smile’ hitmaker will play the lead role in ‘Reasons To Be Pretty’ penned by writer and director Neil LaBute, and the star is also taking acting lessons with a teacher from posh drama school RADA.

She revealed: "The play is about themes close to my heart, things I touch on in my track The Fear, about the really damaging cult of beauty among young girls.

"They want me to play the lead, which is amazing and terrifying. There’s a lady from RADA coming round to my house to train me up a bit. I’m always up for a new challenge."

0 comments:

Blog Archive