Monday, December 20

Pamela to raise awareness about Hepatitis

Pamela AndersonPamela Anderson has taken up the task of raising awareness about hepatitis among people. The former "Baywatch" star, who was diagnosed with a strain of the liver disorder back in 2001 after contracting it through a shared tattoo needle, urges people to get tested, saying there is nothing to feel embarrassed. "I’ve had liver biopsies. I get checked every single year, my doctor told me just keep doing what you’re doing. I also have the kind that’s easiest to control," she said.

"There is no cure for it, so the important thing is to encourage people to get tested and not be ashamed. People get embarrassed as you get it from blood-to-blood contact, but it’s not just junkies who have it," she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive