Monday, August 24

Therapy helped Danielle Lloyd to cope up

Danielle LloydEnglish glamour model Danielle Lloyd resorted to therapy to cope with meltdown following racist row with Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty in ‘Celebrity Big Brother’.

While the audiences eventually forgave her housemates, Jade Goody and Danielle remained the subject of hatred.

"I’d have drunk myself to death or taken my own life,” said the model.

"I’d hit my lowest point – I’d lost control and wondered what it would be like not to be alive. I was drinking because I had no other way of coping,” she added.

Her meltdown actually began a year ago with the discovery of an abusive web page on Facebook called ‘I hate Danielle Lloyd’, followed by a series of broken relationships.

She was subsequently referred to therapist Veronica Callanan who has helped boost her self-esteem and taught her to overcome feeling of worthlessness.

"Therapy saved my life. Without it, I don’t know what would have happened," she said.

"My main problem was a fear that I’d never find love. Veronica showed me I was attracted to the wrong person because I didn’t value myself,” she added.

The 25-year-old beauty, who’s currently dating Tottenham midfielder Jamie O’Hara, 22, insists that the therapist had told her to learn to love herself.

"Therapy taught me how to be in a relationship. I used to be insecure, but I trust Jamie completely. I’m a different person now and feel I need to talk about my counselling so other people in my situation realise they can get help too,” she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive