Sunday, August 30

Bipasha Basu loves to be called Sexy

Bipasha Basu in Shob Charitro Kalponik
Bollywood bombshell Bipasha Basu may be playing the deglamourised role of a housewife in her first Bengali movie but the actress says she is happy with the “sexy” tag as a girl-next-door look never interested her.

"I love being sexy and I would be happy if people call me sexy even when I turn 100. I would love to be called a sexy grandmother. The tag has never bothered me," said Bipasha.

"If a woman says she does not want to be called attractive then she is foolish. I like being exclusive, the girl-next-door image has never interested me. It is too boring," the actress, who started her Bollywood career with bold characters in "Jism" and "Raaz", says.

She, however, believes "sexiness" is not only related to having a good body.

"Sexiness is not only about having a great body. It is about how you carry yourself, your confidence, your self respect, these help you look attractive. I am sexy with a mind. It is a complete package."

The Bengali beauty is portraying the character of Radhika in Rituparno Ghosh’s movie "Shob Charitro Kalponik", which deals with love and loss through the story of a woman,
who goes on a path of self discovery after the death of her poet-husband.
Bipasha Basu in Shob Charitro Kalponik
The film sees Bipasha depicting the role of a "mature" woman in a saree - a character which does not come her way in the industry very often.

"Being a Bengali, I always wanted to do a film in my native language. My parents have grown up watching Bengali cinema and it was my father’s wish that I do a Bengali film
since I came into acting," she says about her first movie in the language.

"It is a very deep and matured role; that is why I was attracted to the character. It is multi-layered. I have never done something like that before. Unfortunately, you don’t come across such characters in Hindi cinema because the audience demand is different here," says Bipasha.

The film, also starring Bengali superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee, has already garnered critical appreciation and has been screened at the prestigious Durban Film Festival
recently.

0 comments:

Blog Archive