Wednesday, August 13

Nandita Das comes with Ramchand Pakistani

Nandita Das is arriving with a new film by a Pakistani director which has a cross border theme. Nandita is excited about her upcoming film Ramchand Pakistani which is Pakistani TV director Mehreen Jabbar’s maiden venture.

“It’s a story of a seven-year-old Dalit boy Ramchand. This boy and his father cross the border and the film talks about their experiences thereafter. I would say that Mehreen has really done a fabulous job and full justice to the subject.” says Nandita.

Nandita, who is also a little nervous about her performance, informs, “I am playing the role of Ramchand’s mother in the film. Playing the role of a mother was an entirely different experience all together.”

What about interacting with a Pakistani crew? “It was wonderful. They treated me like a member of their family. I love Pakistan and the Pakistani people. Before shooting I was a little worried but once I was there, I found no difference between India and Pakistan.”

“The film is about the relation between two countries which had been divided decades earlier. Mehreen has tried to show the feelings that one country has for another. Ramchand Pakistani is a film that is based on both Pakistan and India. I hope that the film gets a proper release and that the audiences of both the countries like it”, says Nandita, explaining how the film is different from other Pakistani films.

0 comments:

Blog Archive