Sunday, July 13

Osian Film Festival opens at Delhi

Delhi is enjoying to host Osian Film Festival. The 10th edition of the film festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday. This version of the Osian Film Festival is a ten day treat for the movie lovers.

The Osians-Cinefan bestowed the Osian’s lifetime achievement award on eminent director Mrinal Sen for his contributions to cinema and the Aruna Vasudev Lifetime Achievement Award for writing on cinema to Philippines versatile poet and writer Jose ‘Pete’ F. Lacaba.

“I wish I have to make many more movies. I think I should do something more. I do not know whether I deserve this award. I receive this award with all dignity. Once again I am reborn,” said Sen after receiving the coveted award.

NDTV Lumiere is taking part in Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival by showcasing 13 of its films from July 10 to 20. NDTV Lumiere is trying to bring contemporary cutting edge world cinema to India. These films will also be presented to the Indian audiences in the coming months across multiple platforms ranging from theatrical releases to home video and television.These critically acclaimed films include ‘The Chaos’, ‘Paloma Delight’, ‘Thousand Years of Good Prayers’, ‘Jellyfish’, ‘Ulzhan’, ‘Blind Mountain’, ‘Wonderful Town’, ‘Three Monkeys’, ‘Salt of The Sea’, ‘Breath’, ‘Under the Bombs’, ‘Secret of the Grain’ and ‘8½’.

0 comments:

Blog Archive