Tuesday, July 15

Mugdha Godse signs 3 film contract with Percept Pictures Company

Mugdha Godse is yet to make her big screen debut in Bollywood through Fashion but this popular ramp-walker and model already has quite a few biggies in hand. She has been signed by Percept Pictures Company under a three film contract and is now all set to be working with some of the bigwigs of the film industry. But Mugdha continues to maintain her poise even on the face of such a huge leap in her just-started Bollywood career.

"Don't be surprised because that's the way I function", replies Mugdha on being quizzed around how, unlike her contemporaries, she isn't quite heard or spoken about before her debut release Fashion, "That's not my style. For some it may be a way to keep making headlines but I would rather have everything firmly in place before I let people know about it."

The Percept offer appears to be quite an event in her professional career that is kicking off, isn't it? "True, I am happy that the buzz and hype about Fashion has been making quite a few people sit up and notice the project. PPC were aware about the progress that Fashion was making and were seemingly cued in about my performance too", reveals Mugdha who is said to be playing an integral part of Fashion even with Priyanka Chopra and Kangna Ranaut being relatively senior actors in the film.

Since she has been offered three films, would she be playing a lead role in each of these films? "Absolutely", Mugdha is quick to react, "The films that I am doing with PPC would have me in a lead-lead kind of a role. Also, since the production house has 10-15 films in the pipeline, the role that I would eventually end up doing would be by mutual consent between me and the director. I should like the film and the director should also find me suitable enough for the part."

How about working in films outside PPC? Informs Mugdha, "The good part is that this is a non-exclusive contract. In plain and simple terms, this means that I don't have to do their three films in a row and in the interim can work in a film outside PPC as well."

PPC has directors like Priyadarshan, David Dhawan, Shimit Amin, Nagesh Kukunoor and Madhur Bhandarkar amongst others on board.

0 comments:

Blog Archive