Monday, October 25

Vivek Oberoi to marry Priyanka Alva

Priyanka AlvaVivek Oberoi is a happy man these days. The actor, who had been nursing his broken heart for long, is once again love-struck and is head over heels for his lady Priyanka Alva. Set to tie the knot on October 29, Vivek feels like a love smitten teenager. Talking about his bride to be, Vivek said, “We’ve discovered a whole universe in each other’s life. I live in a world of masks. I needed someone as real as she is.” As for his relationship with his mum-in-law, Nandini Alva, the actor said, “She’s a major exponent of art. Our two families have been friends for years. My family has earned great respect and dignity beyond cinema. Even on a personal level it’s taken me a long time to overcome the cynicism about my work outside movies.”

As of now the actor and his fiancé are busy overlooking the construction of the couple’s dream house in Juhu. Talking to a news daily, the actor said, “The process of building a home has brought us much closer. She’s really good at aesthetics. Of course I will continue to stay with my parents. That can never change.”

About marriage, Vivek said, “It was arranged ‘kam’ love ‘zyada’. Within 20 minutes I felt I had known her all my life. She belongs to Karnataka’s closely-knit Bant community. Her grandfather fought the Freedom Movement side by side with Gandhiji.”

The wedding will have limited attendance. “It’s in Bangalore but the reception in Mumbai is for all my friends within and outside the film industry,” said Vivek.

0 comments:

Blog Archive