Thursday, October 7

Kareena Kapoor charging Rs 5 cr for Short Term Shaadi

Kareena KapoorBollywood is rife with rumours that Kareena Kapoor has charged a whopping Rs 5 crore for Karan Johar’s ‘Short Term Shaadi’. Starring Imran Khan, when the actress was quizzed about her newly hiked fee, the size-zero lass was at her diplomatic best as she snubbed the query with an apt reply.

The actress said, “Karan is family, we don’t discuss money or even scripts. He tells me when to start shooting and pays me what I deserve. I certainly hope he gives me this much.”

When asked whether she will be getting herself a ‘chaddi-tee’ wardrobe, Kareena rubbished the rumour stating that she will not compromise on clothes to up the glam quotient of ‘Short Term Shaadi’ as she said, “Besides, shorts have been done to death in the movies. And my fans didn’t like the ‘Tashan’ look. So I’ll be wearing lots of clothes with a ‘Jab We Met’ kind of a vibe.”

But isn’t she going back to size zero on KJo’s instructions? “No!” pat comes the reply. “This size zero nonsense has been going on for too long. I’m grateful to Shah Rukh Khan for taking the mantle away for me. Ever since he got into those body suits for ‘Ra.One’, people have been discussing his weight loss rather than mine,” she said.

For now, Kareena is all praise for SRK’s lean look for ‘Ra.One’ as she said, “I saw the rushes recently and he looks so hot. We have an Italian director of photography and he has captured my best features too. Both ‘Ra.One’ and Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Agent Vinod’ are big summer releases and I’m looking forward to them.”

Talking about ‘Short Term Shaadi’, Kareena said, “It’s a riot. If it’s made the way it is written, you will be rolling in the aisles too. Both Imran and I have performance driven roles.”

Apparently, post ‘3 Idiots’, Kareena will soon be seen with Aamir in an advertisement as she added, “I’d die to do a film with Aamir, preferably a love story. But there’s nothing on the cards at the moment. And given Aamir’s pace, by the time he’s ready for a Kapoor, it will probably be Samaira (sister Karisma Kapoor’s daughter) and not me opposite him.”

Kareena’s upcoming releases include ‘Golmaal 3’.

0 comments:

Blog Archive