Saturday, November 13

Elin Nordegren to auction off jewellery worth $2.5mn

Elin NordegrenAce golfer and love-rat Tiger Woods’ ex-wife Elin Nordegren is set to auction off jewellery worth 2.5 million dollars given to her by the golfer during their five-year marriage - including her engagement ring. The 30-year-old has chosen auction house Sotheby’s to stage the sale, which will include baubles from Tiffany, Harry Winston and Cartier. “It’s the ultimate act of revenge. It’s her way of saying, ‘Now do you get the message? It’s over!” said a source close to the mother-of-two as saying.

“She treasured the pieces as gifts from a loving husband, but now figures they were more likely things he bought without much care to cover his guilt,” the source added.

The Swedish beauty may rake in millions from the sale, but her decision to part with the jewels certainly isn’t for the money.

“Money doesn’t make you happy,” she told.

“But I have to be honest: It is making some things easier. I have the opportunity to be with my children as much as I want.

“My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation,” she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive