Thursday, November 4

Miss Universe Australia Jesinta Campbell poses for FHM

Miss Universe Australia Jesinta Campbell on FHM CoverMiss Universe Australia Jesinta Campbell has revealed that she fears she might get negative feedback for her decision to pose provocatively for FHM magazine cover. The 19 year old, stunner from the Gold Coast channels Jane Fonda in the 1968 futuristic space film Barbarella in the nine-page spread, often seen posing with a large plastic space gun.
But the Aussie beauty queen said the shoot was "all in good fun" and she was more than ready for any flak which might come her way. Campbell said the decision to pose for the photos was not an easy one to make and she hoped people would be nice about it.

"It was definitely something that was out of my comfort zone, it was difficult for me,'' she said.

"I'm preparing myself for the negative comments. Hopefully people are nice.''

Campbell told FHM how she evolved from nerdy schoolgirl to globe-striding beauty queen and spoke frankly about her new-found media attention, dating and the retouching debate.
"Yes, some people are genetically thinner or taller or bigger. Just try to be comfortable with who you are. It kind of annoys me when people say: 'Oh, you've been retouched'. That's unfair. Well, so what? I work hard for what I've got,'' she said.

Campbell was yet to see the final product from the shoot and will get her first glimpse with the rest of the public when the magazine goes on sale this morning.

"I'm nervous, but my mum and dad are really, really supportive. They think it's funny. I'm probably going to be paid out for the rest of my life after this comes out,'' she laughed.
The avid charity supporter insisted she couldn't take these things too seriously.

"I was bullied at school so I have a tough skin. There's nothing anyone could say that could really upset me. It's quite comical,'' she said.

"Like with anything there are going to be positive comments and negative ones. But I know who I am, my family knows who I am. This was just a bit of fun.''

She also tells the magazine that she's not a party girl, doesn't drink, smoke or take drugs.
"And there are no naughty photos," she said.
"I haven't even dressed up as a naughty nurse for Halloween."
The 19-year-old claimed third place at the Miss Universe finals in Las Vegas in August - the best Australia has done in the contest since Jennifer Hawkins won in 2004.

0 comments:

Blog Archive