Monday, March 2

Slumdog Millionaire star's dad wants more money

Exactly a week after winning eight Oscars Awards, the team of Slumdog Millionaire has got mired in a new controversy.

Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail who plays the brother of child lead - Jamal in the film, will get less than £20,000 from the producers of the film. The producers have set up a trust fund for the children which they will access once they turn 18.
Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail-Slumdog Millionaire
This has left his father, Mohammed Ismail complaining. He feels that the money given to his son isn't enough. His father has now has demanded more cash from the producers. "My son has taken on the world and won. I am so proud of him but I want more money. They promised me a new house but it hasn't happened. I'm still in the slum." He said.

The producers have promised to buy a home to the families after facing allegations that the children were not paid well for working in the film.

0 comments:

Blog Archive