Wednesday, September 1

Gail Porter recreates the pose that shot her to stardom

Gail PorterScottish television presenter Gail Porter has recreated the pose, which had catapulted her to stardom 11 years ago.

The 39 year old, Porter, became a household name when her cheeky pose was beamed on to the Houses of Parliament in 1999 as a publicity stunt for FHM magazine.

She suffered from alopecia and was bald for several years, and now that her hair is growing back, she was asked to recreate the famous shot for Now magazine to celebrate her new found confidence.

“I finally feel really happy in my skin, so I thought: ‘Why not?’” said Porter.

“I’ve got a lovely boyfriend who likes me whatever I look like and my daughter Honey is at an age where she just thinks it’s funny that Mummy’s getting her bum out.

“I’ll be 40 next year and this is probably the last chance I’ll have to get my backside out in public without getting arrested.

“I’d like to say I still have the same derriere but sadly not. I think it’s a little bit wider but I don’t think it’s doing too badly,” she stated.

0 comments:

Blog Archive