Wednesday, December 9

Neha Dhupia finds Hollywood as a lonely place

Neha DhupiaIt may be the “in-thin” for many Indian actors to flaunt even blink-and-miss roles in Hollywood movies, but actress Neha Dhupia is in no mood to leave the comfort of being at home.

"I don’t think I can move out of India as it makes me feel very lonely. Call me a brat, but its just that I am so stuck with the comforts in my country that I can’t see myself going to Hollywood now, unless they come to me’, said Dhupia.

After getting rave reviews for two international assignments, both television shows, she said Hollywood offers also came to her kitty.

"I did get few offers after that, but I didn’t sign any projects," the actress said on a fashion show to mark the launch of the finals of Signature Club Golf Championship.

She has finished shooting for Hollywood actress-singer Jessica Simpson TV show “Price Of Beauty”, where she was chosen as the Indian beauty ambassador.

In another American TV series, “Bollywood Hero”, which spoofs the Mumbai-based industry, Dhupia played a demanding Bollywood star alongside Hollywood A-listers like Keanu Reeves and Drew Barrymore.

After having debuted opposite Ajay Devgn in the 2003 hit “Qayamat”, the 29 year old former Miss India keeps juggling between hardcore commercial movies and new-age offbeat cinema.

Elated at the Box-Office success of laughter-riot “De Dana Dan”, Dhupia would now be seen in the critically appreciated “Raat Gayi Baat Gayi”.

"We are going to redefine comedy now as we are talking about adultery and one-night stand in “Raat Gayi Baat Gayi", she said.

Talking about her role, she said, "I play a mysterious character whose only fault is that she is sexy and gorgeous looking".

While rejecting suggestions that adult comedies and the concept of one-night stand doesn’t work at the Box-Office, the “Julie” actor said, "I am sure we have a huge market in India for such films."

When asked about her playing comedy roles, Dhupia said her priority is to entertain people.

"I want to stick to entertainment. It can be any genre of comedy - it can be slapstick or a satire like “Mithya”. I will always be associated with films and movies, but not projects. Projects are about money, but a film is about entertainment," she said.

On playing supporting roles in many movies, she lamented that options were very limited for her.

She further commented, "The choice is to be the girl who dances around trees or to be the girl who makes everyone laugh”.

0 comments:

Blog Archive