Saturday, July 9

Claudia Schiffer launches mum-friendly fashion line

Claudia SchifferSupermodel and super-mom Claudia Schiffer has launched her new cashmere collection in Paris during Haute Couture fashion week with the hope that her brand will spice up the fashion taste of other mothers. The 40-year-old former ‘Chanel’ muse said at designer store Colette that she always wanted to get into fashion design and had finally decided to launch her own brand that will flaunt the kind of clothes she wears all the time as a working mother, such as cashmere dresses and sweaters. “I am always very busy, I have a family life, I want to wear the same outfit when I bring my children to school, then go to work with it - and in the evening I want to be able to just change accessories,’ said Schiffer. ‘Effortless chic. That is the idea,’ she said.

Schiffer’s collection that she created in a joint venture with Iris von Arnim, includes long tube black and navy blue dresses, grey oversized cardigans and cable-knit sweaters costing from 250 to 500 pounds.

“I want the product to live without my name so that it does not really need me. As a company, I hope it builds up over time so that one day, hopefully, I can hand it over to my children,” added Schiffer for whom the launch was a ‘dream come true’.

0 comments:

Blog Archive