Thursday, March 4

Deepika Padulone driven by work and variety

Deepika PadukoneAfter a dream debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Om Shanti Om’, Deepika Padukone consolidated her position by delivering winning performances in hits like ‘Love Aaj Kal’ and ‘Karthik Calling Karthik.’ Once a successful model, Deepika broke the popular myth that models can’t act. The actress, who had a bitter breakup with Ranbir Kapoor did not let her personal failure overshadow her professional life and silenced all critics with her acting prowess.

Enjoying a huge fan base and a flourishing B-town career, Deepika is the new ‘it’ girl of Bollywood who has every reason to cheer.

Talking to a news daily on her tinsel town journey, a confident and ebullient Deepika Padukone said, “I’ve always been driven by work and variety attracts me. I’ve never been afraid of doing something just because it’s different. In fact, each role that I have portrayed on screen so far has been in stark contrast from the other.”

Post the success of ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’, Deepika has been romantically linked to Farhan. When prodded on her odd-pairing with Farhan, Deepika said, “Who defines what’s usual and unusual? I don’t see how Farhan and I are any different from the other on-screen ‘jodis’ in terms of complimenting each other. If two actors are cast opposite one another it’s because they suit their particular roles and make a good on-screen pair. Initially, I was intimidated by Farhan. But then I saw he was so chilled out and just like the other leading men I’ve worked with - fun and focused.”

After playing an independent girl in ‘Love Aaj Kal’, the actress will be seen in a period film. “I’m playing Kaplana Dutta in Ashutosh Gowarikar’s ‘Khelenge Jee Jaan Se.’ It’s a completely different world and at the same time a very important part of history. It’s a great responsibility for someone like me and I have to do justice to the character,” quips Deepika.

Besides the period drama, Deepika will be seen in Sajid Khan’s rib-tickling comedy ‘Housefull’. The actress is excited about her latest project as she said, “Comedy is the toughest thing to do. Especially Sajid’s brand of comedy where you have a tough time enacting a scene because you just can’t control your laughter,” she says with palpable excitement.

0 comments:

Blog Archive