Friday, February 6

Rajasthan Royals needed the glamour quotient of Shilpa Shetty

Shilpa ShettyIn the headlines for buying stakes in the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Rajasthan Royals with boyfriend Raj Kundra, Shilpa Shetty admits candidly that she has joined in to add glamour to the team and not because of her business acumen.

Shilpa Shetty was at her vivacious best at the press meet where she had turned up with boyfriend Raj Kundra to announce their business tie-up with Indian Premier League cricket team, Rajasthan Royals.

Coming to the big cricket deal, when asked how she will be able to handle the business, Shilpa said, "There is immense trust, faith, and understanding between us. I don't have to worry with Raj around. He has handled business well and I can rely on him completely."

'Well I am not going to bullshit myself into believing I've been brought in for my business acumen. The team had it all. They needed the glamour quotient and for that I am here,' said Shilpa.

'But please, I am not going to be one of the pom-pom girls on the field, if that's what the spectators expect. I'm certainly not going to be the eye candy of the venture,' she added.
Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa and London-based businessman Raj Kundra bought a 12 percent stake in Rajasthan Royals.

Asked her where her glamour quotient will be used, she said: 'In the music video, to begin with. Our next move is to shoot a music video. We want it to be the slickest and the best. Of course, I'll be in it. Isn't that a given?'

Despite a hundred cameras trained at them, Shilpa never once looked uncomfortable and was seen exchanging laughs and asides with Kundra. Neither did she dodge questions about her marriage with him. "Whenever we fix the date there will be an announcement and it will happen soon," said the lady.

0 comments:

Blog Archive