Friday, October 3

Sushmita Sen turns director


Sushmita Sen will soon turn director for her project, Rani Laxmibai in which she plays the main lead also.

She has a very strong reason for going behind the camera.” I have lived with this film for a year-and-a-half. For me to get anybody else to direct this film would mean conflict of interests on the sets because we would be constantly fighting about which visions to fulfill and that’s why I am doing it,” Sushmita said.

Sushmita Sen also plans to essay the title role of Rani Laxmibai in the film and is currently immersed in the pre-production

“The film will be made soon. But right now my primary concern is quite few of them. It is a huge canvas. It is a women-oriented film, which is not necessarily one of the most saleable concept on commercial Indian films term. And it’s a very big film and I don’t want to compromise on it,” she said.

“Having said that, we have finished the screenplay, we are down to storyboarding and once the storyboarding is complete and my seven minutes presentation is ready for my international buyers, that’s when I close the chapter till I am ready with my wishlist, my technicians and the funding,” she added.

Sushmita Sen is also in the limelight for making her small screen debut in the reality show, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

0 comments:

Blog Archive