Wednesday, March 5

Sophie Choudry is back with her new album

Singer and actress Sophie Choudry of 'Ek Pardesi' fame is back with her new album. The talented singer who already has many hit albums to her credit is really excited about this album as she herself is the executive producer for the first time and hence could really be in control. When asked to the hot babe on what one can expect from her new album, "I am really excited about my new album (yet to be titled) which should release sometime in May. There are around 9 original songs sung by me, which are a mix of dance, electro, R&B, hip-hop kind of feel but with Indian melodies."

The news is that there are multiple music directors who have worked on this album, "Yeah the music is composed by Bappa Lahiri, Biddu, Rishi Rich and two other people whose names I would like to reveal later. As for the lyrics, Panchhi Jalonvi (who has written lyrics in films like Dus Kahaniyaan, Cash etc.) and I have written the songs"

So how was Sophie's experience working with Rishi Rich considering that both have a U.K. connection, "The experience has been fantastic. We both like the same kind of music and gel very well. He is a dear friend of mine. We have waited to work with each other for the last 3 years and finally it has happened. I went to London to record two songs with him and it was a great experience. I don't need to tell you that he is incredibly talented. He has his own unique style and I am really looking forward to hearing my vocals on his music"

We quiz her on parting ways with T-series who produced few of her earlier albums, "Yeah, I did part with T-series 3 months ago though very amicably. They had a huge role to play in my career. We are on fantastic terms. However, in terms of music they wanted me to carry on doing another remix album and that was not where I really wanted to go. So, they understood and we decided to part ways for this album"

As for her acting career, Sophie who was last seen in films like Speed and Aggar is now looking forward to Sanjay Gupta's Alibaug, "I am super-excited about it. It's a very meaty and emotional role. I am thankful that Sanjay Gupta gave me this character. Sanjay Suri and I have a very interesting angle to our roles in the film."

With lots happening on the career-front, Sophie surely is riding high and signs off saying, "It is going to be some really good music and films for me this year."

0 comments:

Blog Archive