Thursday, March 20

Being a Firebrand doesn't mean Uttering Rubbish, says Minissha Lamba

If one thought that the pretty young Minissha Lamba was all sweet and docile then think again. That's because in her upcoming film Shaurya, the Yahaan actor gets into quite a firebrand mode.

Reveals Minissha, "The character of Kaavya Shastri which I portray in Shaurya is pretty much a firebrand. For her truth is the ultimate. As an investigative journalist, she has just started off her career and hence doesn't come with an excess baggage. One can safely presume that she is uncorrupted by politics around her."

Minissha as a firebrand comes across as quite an unlikely combination. After all, she has been having fun singing and dancing in mainstream films like Rocky - The Rebel and Anthony Kaun Hai in the past. "Well, you are forgetting Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. where I played a super-woman", jokes Minisha.

Getting serious, she adds, "In any case, being a firebrand doesn't just mean uttering rubbish or speaking loud. Even without such traits one can be tactful, straight forward, not indulge into blabbering and still make a point. I credit my director Samar Khan for making Kaavya Shastri as real as it gets. If he wanted, he could have made my character that is just proper. Instead, he has made me go through those little moments of eccentricity which makes it all the more identifiable."

What were her efforts in making her character work for the film? "Not many are aware that before entering films, I wanted to be a journalist myself. Also, in every day life, I get pretty moved when I see any wrong doings around me. It is just difficult to keep my head down and bow out of a situation like this. Some people in fact feel embarrassed when they have to pitch into someone else's problem. They feel that it may be unnecessary for them to indulge into someone else's affair and allow the person to be mistreated. But I can't be like that!"

In that case does Shaurya reflect what Minissha is in real life? "Exactly, this is why in Shaurya, 80% of my own personality comes into play. I get to enact the real me in the film which has only turned out to be an out rightly rewarding experience for me", says Minissha excitedly.

0 comments:

Blog Archive