Monday, January 14

I'm a person who is always okay, says Bhumika Chawla

Life is looking great for newly wed actress Bhumika Chawla. Her performance in the latest Telugu film, Anasuya got rave reviews.

And now with another film, Swagatham with Jagapathi Babu and Anushka (directed by Dasrath) slated for release, Bhumika has every reason to cheer. Read on as she tells Radhika Rajamani about her films and more.

Excerpts:
You play a TV journalist in Anasuya. It's a fairly substantial role for a female actor. Normally female actors in most Telugu movies do not get such large roles. Did this aspect make you sign the film?

This was the major reason that made me pick up the project. Opportunities like these do not come very often, and when Ravi Babu narrated the script to me, I was quite thrilled. I said to myself this is a challenge, and I am going to do this project.

In what sense is it a challenge? Is it because it's a character you never played before?
Yes. I had never done a role like this in any language and I did not want to miss this chance.

0 comments:

Blog Archive