Sunday, October 29

Taapsee Pannu in a ‘Legal’ situation


It's a high for anyone to buy a house, but what if you don't get to spend any time in the beloved property? Taapsee Pannu has barely spent time at her newly-acquired home.

After playing a London-based NRI and a spy in her recent releases, Taapsee Pannu has now started shooting for filmmaker 'Mulk'. The social thriller, being shot in Lucknow, that also stars Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role, has the actress playing a lawyer.

Given how nuanced most of her performances have been, Taapsee met a lot of her friends in the legal space to get a clear understanding of the profession. She has also been interacting with the lawyers her friends have referred her in a bid to understand how counsels argue in the court room, what their mannerisms are and what their mindset is while debating from either side.

"Some of my lawyer friends handle high-profile criminal cases. So, I decided to meet them with my script and wanted them to help me understand what the story behind the scenes is. I wanted to know how cases are presented to the judge. They're guiding me on how lawyers prepare themselves for a case while battling their personal opinion on the matter. I'm getting a hang of their body language, too. It's fascinating to understand what a lawyer's day-to-day job entails," says Taapsee.

0 comments:

Blog Archive