Sunday, September 25

Paris Hilton launches handbag line in India

Paris Hilton‘Namaste India!’ said socialite Paris Hilton as she launched her exclusive handbag collection here, on her first visit to the country, which she called a "spiritual and magical" land. "I have come to India to launch my line of bags. I had been wanting to come to India for a very long time because it is an incredible market. But I just didn’t get time before," Hilton said at a media gathering. Dressed in a peach-pink dress which resembled the drape of a sari, Paris looked every bit of a style icon. She added an Indian touch with a three-layered uncut diamond neck piece, and completed the look with a black clutch. The 30-year-old arrived early Saturday morning, and said she was overwhelmed with the reception at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.

"When I came out of the airport in the morning, there were so many people waiting...much more than what I was expecting. I can’t wait to come back!" she said.

"I am very happy to be here. India is an amazing place. I have heard from a lot of friends who have come here before that coming to India changes your life because it is a spiritual and magical place," Hilton added.

Her line of bags, launched in association with Brand Concepts Pvt Ltd, looked as stylish as her - as revealed by the sneak preview at the event. The bags, priced between Rs.2,000 and Rs.11,000, will be available at two stores in Mumbai.

However, details have been kept under wraps for now. The range boasts of clutches, totes, slings and regular handbags in colours like black, brown, white, peach-pink and silver.

0 comments:

Blog Archive