Thursday, June 17

Helen Mirren admits loyalty is better than romance

Helen MirrenHelen Mirren has admitted that though she has a sexy image in public, her home life is far from romantic.

The 64-year-old actress and American film director Taylor Hackford have been together for 24 years and married for 13.

The couple met on the set of 1985 drama White Nights, which Hackford directed.

Mirren, who once vowed that she would never marry again, even said that though there may be less romantic gestures, she is still smitten by him.

“I have the incredible advantage of having a husband who is both loyal and understanding”, said Helen.

“In return I give him back loyalty and understanding, too. We couldn’t be married without that. He isn’t romantic but what I get on the other side is so much better: loyalty and truthfulness. I’d take those qualities over romantic evenings any time.”

The pair has no children as Mirren had once declared that she has “no maternal instinct whatsoever”.

“I admire my husband and I think that’s essential. I don’t think you can fall in love with someone just because you admire him. But I don’t think you can fall in love with someone unless you admire him,” she added.

0 comments:

Blog Archive